Cardio-Plus®, 90 Tablets
- Supports the healthy functioning of the heart and other muscles*
- Supports healthy circulation*
- Provides ingredients with antioxidant activity
- Contains bovine heart PMG™ extract
- Supports energy metabolism*
- Contains a combination of key ingredients from Cataplex® B2, Cataplex® E2, Cardiotrophin PMG®, and Cataplex® C
- Excellent source of riboflavin, niacin, and vitamin B6
- Good source of antioxidant vitamin C
- Non-dairy, non-soy
Benefits of Cardio-Plus® for Heart Health
Cario-Plus supports the cardiovascular system in a number of ways. This system is responsible for circulating blood, nutrients, and oxygen to the entire body. Keeping this system supported by essential vitamins through diet is important in its functioning. Cardio-Plus is an excellent source of niacin. Niacin has been shown to affect factors that contribute to supporting cardiovascular health.6 Cardio-Plus is also an excellent source of vitamin B6. Maintaining adequate vitamin B6 concentrations is important for heart health due to its role in homocysteine breakdown.7 Low vitamin B6 has been associated with higher homocysteine levels.8,9
How Cardio-Plus Provides Ingredients with Antioxidant Activity
Cardio-Plus provides a good source of antioxidant Vitamin C; one serving contains 15mg (17% DV) of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a particularly well-known antioxidant with high reducing power.10 Vitamin C, Vitamin E (at 9% DV), and minerals such as selenium (at 5% DV) can carry out antioxidant activities.
How Cardio-Plus Supports Energy Metabolism*
Energy metabolism is a vital process in the human body and is especially important during exercise. B-vitamins — specifically riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), and vitamin B6 are required for metabolism of substrates that are used for energy production.1 Riboflavin (B2) is a precursor for coenzymes that function as electron carriers in reactions involved in energy production, including breakdown of carbohydrates and metabolism of lipids.2,3 Cardio-Plus is an excellent source of riboflavin, niacin and vitamin B6. Niacin (B3) is a precursor to reducing molecules (NAD+ and NADP+) that are involved in energy production pathways, including glycolysis, the citric acid cycle, and mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation.2 Vitamin B6, also known as pyridoxine, functions as a co-factor in many biochemical reactions in the body.4 Its active form, pyridoxal 5’-phosphate (PLP), is primarily involved in amino acid synthesis and breakdown.4 A PLP-dependent enzyme is also responsible for breakdown of stored glycogen to glucose to be used in energy metabolism.4
1. Institute of Medicine Standing Committee on the Scientific Evaluation of Dietary Reference, I., its Panel on Folate, O.B.V. & Choline. The National Academies Collection: Reports funded by National Institutes of Health. in Dietary Reference Intakes for Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B(6), Folate, Vitamin B(12), Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, and Choline (National Academies Press (US) Copyright © 1998, National Academy of Sciences., Washington (DC), 1998).
2. Depeint, F., Bruce, W.R., Shangari, N., Mehta, R. & O'Brien, P.J. Mitochondrial function and toxicity: role of the B vitamin family on mitochondrial energy metabolism. Chemico-biological interactions 163, 94-112 (2006).
3. Pinto, J.T. & Zempleni, J. Riboflavin. Advances in nutrition (Bethesda, Md.) 7, 973-975 (2016).
4. Parra, M., Stahl, S. & Hellmann, H. Vitamin B₆ and Its Role in Cell Metabolism and Physiology. Cells 7(2018).
5. Ruparelia, N., Digby, J.E. & Choudhury, R.P. Current opinion in cardiology 26, 66-70 (2011).
6. Kaplon, R.E., Gano, L.B. & Seals, D.R. Vascular endothelial function and oxidative stress are related to dietary niacin intake among healthy middle-aged and older adults. Journal of applied physiology (Bethesda, Md. : 1985) 116, 156-163 (2014).
7. Vanuzzo, D., et al. European heart journal 28, 484-491 (2007).
8. Selhub, J., Jacques, P.F., Wilson, P.W., Rush, D. & Rosenberg, I.H. Jama 270, 2693-2698 (1993).
9. Milani, R.V. & Lavie, C.J. Homocysteine: The Rubik's Cube of Cardiovascular Risk Factors. Mayo Clinic proceedings 83, 1200-1202 (2008).
10. Institute of Medicine Panel on Dietary, A. & Related, C. in Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, and Carotenoids (National Academies Press (US) Copyright 2000 by the National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved., Washington (DC), 2000).
Two tablets per meal, or as directed.
Nutrients & Ingredients
Each Serving Size (2 tablets) contains: Cholesterol <5 mg, Vitamin C 15 mg, Vitamin E 1.3 mg, Riboflavin 1.6 mg, Niacin 14 mg, Vitamin B6 0.5 mg, Choline 30 mg, Selenium 3 mcg, Sodium 15 mg. Proprietary Blend 540 mg: Bovine heart PMG™ extract, bovine liver, calcium lactate, porcine stomach, bovine orchic extract, Spanish moss (Tillandsia usneoides), defatted wheat germ, nutritional yeast, inositol, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, porcine brain, organic oat flour, and bovine adrenal Cytosol™ extract. Other Ingredients: Honey, choline bitartrate, ascorbic acid, niacinamide, calcium stearate, acacia gum, d-alpha tocopherol (vitamin E sunflower), selenium yeast, modified tapioca starch, glycerine, riboflavin, and pyridoxine hydrochloride. Contains: Wheat.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Drs. Eric & Katie Snow have been helping people transform their health for over 16 years through their private practice Snow Holistic Health in Lake Charles, LA. Together, they wrote the best-selling book “Eat & Be Well: How to use food to Maximize Energy, Boost Brain Power, and Get Out Of Pain”. They have been featured on Fox news, NBC and more.
Dr. Eric Snow, D.C. is a sought-after national speaker on such topics as weight loss, nervous system health, functional medicine, natural detoxification, disease prevention, and biblical faith teachings. He has appeared on national TV networks like FOX, NBC, and was also featured on “America Now”.
Dr. Katie Snow, Pharm.D. has worked in all levels of pharmacy practice, including compounding, retail, surgery center and hospital. She has seen first-hand the effects of a body not being properly stewarded and the chronic disease that ensues, leaving an aftermath of strained caregivers and financial wreck.
You order will be shipped with in 2 business days of placing it.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com